Destination4WD 270 Free standing Awning
*Shipping included in the price for Vic, Nsw and Qld. Please contact us if you live in any other state.
Why you’ll love the Destination4WD D270 degree free standing awning…
– FREESTANDING: A huge benefit – no poles required! (Poles just get in the way and ropes are easy to trip over). Our D270 freestanding 4WD awning opens easily and quickly and folds away in minutes.
– STRONG STRUCTURE: Our awnings have a 4mm stainless steel base that gives the awning the strength to handle strong winds. We have also reinforced the base of each arm with an extra layer of 2mm aluminium to increase its strength. Each arm has strategically placed nylon washers to minimise movement and reinforced bosses join to further increase the arms’ strength.
– CANVAS: We use Australian-made canvas that is suitable for the harsh Australian weather and sun. It’s thick, tough and water-resistant and it can survive huge downpours and fierce winds.
– AUSTRALIAN MADE: We are a proud family company and we believe in using Australian products and suppliers.
– PLENTY OF COVERAGE: Our D270 degree awning arms extend out to 2.9m and the awning is covered with a durable Australian canvas to provide 12.4sqm of shade and coverage from the elements. The coverage area is 2.2m x 4m x 4m x 2m x 2m.
– COMPACT BASE: The aluminium base of our awning is 2.2m which is shorter than most. The arms are attached to a 4mm-thick stainless steel base bracket. We use 2mm aluminium for the arms, reinforced with 4mm aluminium at the base.
We can keep our base compact because the awning has extendable, slide-out arms that reach up to 3m. They are light but strong and sturdy.
– STRONG BRACKETS: The D270 freestanding 4WD awning has 3mm stainless steel brackets with a unique design to lock on to any roof rack. It is easy to install yourself.
– LIGHTWEIGHT: The D270 weighs 23kg
** Passenger and driver’s side options available.
ABOUT THE CANVAS FABRIC:
The D270 awning is made using prestige Dynaproofed Outback Rugged Coolabah™ TS canvas, made from Japara cotton fabric. The Japara cotton fabric is impregnated with a paraffin-based wax and is finely woven into a very strong and durable cloth that is thick in texture, but has a silky feel and look. It is also less susceptible to liquids and other staining elements. SPECS: It is a superfine woven, 65/35 poly/cotton, plain weave Japara, 39.4 ends per cm, 26.8 picks per cm, 265g/sqm (6oz), which means it’s thick, tough and water-resistant and it can survive huge downpours of water (750mm per min).
The Dynaproofed™ process guarantees to be waterproof and every batch of the canvas produced to exacting standards. The Dynaproofed™ chemical formulation also provides resistance against degradation caused from harmful UV, as well as resistance against bacteria, algae and fungi growth. While the canvas guarantees to be waterproof, the technically superior production system for Dynaproofed™ canvas fabrics ensures the chemical formulation is fully integrated into the base fabric and squeezed into the fibres.
If you …
– are tired of your current overseas awning being blown around by the slightest wind and you want an awning that is made, designed and manufactured in Australia.
– have trouble putting your awning up and packing it away by yourself.
– just want something easy that gives great shade coverage
Then you’ve found the perfect awning for your next 4WD adventure.
FEATURES and SPECS: D270 awning by Destination4WD
Destination4WD D270 degree free standing awning is made for Australia’s harsh elements – plus it’s been made with space, quality and comfort in mind.
Length: It is compact and strong, with a 2.2m long base, which is shorter than most
Coverage: 2.2m x 4m x 4m x 2m x 2m
Shade area: 12.4sq m
Brackets: 2x 3mm stainless steel brackets that are strong and sturdy
Base material: Aluminium and stainless steel
Arm material: 4mm aluminium at the base, extending out to 2mm aluminium at the ends
Orientation: LHS standard
Fabric: Prestige Dynaproofed Outback Rugged (tear stop) canvas, superfine poly/cotton 260g/sqm (6 oz), it is UV-resistant, water-resistant and has mould inhibitors.
PLEASE NOTE: Given large number roof racks available on the market, you will need to establish the installation process for your particular roof rack. Installation is the responsibility of the customer.
Our awnings come with complimentary brackets, however, they may not suit your roof rack and you may need to look at alternative ways to install your awning. Our brackets have been designed to fit most roof racks, however, they don’t fit 100 percent of all roof racks without modifications.
Please ask us if our awnings will fit your roof rack before your purchase.
Please take into consideration.
*All Awnings are already made however the canvas gets made and fitted to order to ensure top quality. This can take 2-3 days and then your new awning will be on its way.
*If you are located outside of Vic, Nsw or Qld please contact us to discuss shipping.
If you have questions, we’d love to speak with you! Just contact us.
Here at AMD Touring we are proud to make it easy to find high quality Australian Made 4x4, camping and caravaning gear.